What Products are Restricted through Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA)?
FBA is a service by Amazon which allows third party sellers, such as yourself, to sell, ship and deliver their products through their company. This means customers can order your products with Amazon’s same standard shipping rates and policies, as Amazon’s own stock – including free supersaver delivery.
You simply ship your items to an Amazon Fulfilment Centre and they will deliver your items on your behalf, leaving you to sit back at home and not worry about international deliveries – knowing it is safe in the hands of one of the world’s biggest companies.
This means your customers can track their orders, know when their items will be delivered and know they are choosing a brand they can trust. If you are thinking about joining Amazon’s FBA scheme, you might be wondering if what you sell can be shipped through their company – and what kind of regulations there are.
If you have a product you want to ship and you’re not sure whether or not you can, have a quick look on this list to see if falls under any of these categories.
Amazon’s FBA Restriction List:
- alcoholic beverages and liquor confectionery
- cigars, cigarettes, tobacco and any other products containing tobacco
- weapons: (Firearms and all associated parts, kits and ammunition; Realistic Imitation Firearms; Airweapons, Airguns, BB guns and Airsoft guns (not including toy guns provided they are not Realistic Imitation Firearms), Spearguns; mace; black powder and all explosives, Crossbows (all types, but not including toy crossbows which shoot plastic/foam darts), Slingshots/Catapults (not including toys such as catapults that come with an action figure toy), Offensive weapons as defined in the UK Criminal Justice Act 1988, Any ammunition, kits spares or accessories for any of the above)
- fireworks or other pyrotechnics
- machetes, kukuris, knives, knife blades, razor blades, swords, daggers, axes and any other articles with a blade or a sharp point and which are made or adapted for use for causing injury to persons; with the exception of the following products which can be sold without age verification: (i) razor blades permanently enclosed in a cartridge or housing with less than 2mm of blade exposed, and (ii) unlockable folding blades of less than 3 inches.
- medicines and veterinary medicines, medicinal products, medicinal feeds and remedies of any type, including for example general sales list medicines, pharmacy only medicines, prescription only medicines, AVM - GSL medicines (Authorised Veterinary Medicine - General Sales List), NFA - VPS medicines (Non-Food Animal - Veterinarian, Pharmacist, Suitably Qualified Person) and POM-V medicines (Prescription Only Medicines -Veterinarian),
- any device, drug, vitamin, herbal product or other product which requires a doctor's, optician's or other health care provider's prescription as a prerequisite for purchase or can only be stored, sold or shipped by a licensed health care provider.
- elements of the human body and medical implants any products made of or containing parts of any regulated endangered plant or animal such as for example elephant ivory, coral, sea turtle shells, most reptile skins.
- any product that contains other ingredients that are prohibited, restricted or regulated under applicable law
- sex and sensuality products
- Products containing prohibited images of children and any other violent, offensive, obscene or sexual content that is unlawful in any of the countries to which Amazon enables your products to be sold.
- loose gemstone products
- any product that is placed on the market in the EU without the consent of the relevant brand or trademark owner
- any product for which Seller either is not an "authorised reseller" (as designated by the product's manufacturer or distributor), or does not provide to customers the manufacturer's standard warranty therefore
- any products that cannot be lawfully shipped to or sold in the UK or any other country to which Amazon enables your products to be shipped
- any product that is subject to export licenses, declaration or authorisation when shipped to any country to which Amazon enables your products to be shipped
- any other types of products that in Amazon's discretion are not supported for sale through the Amazon.co.uk Site pursuant to this Agreement; provided that an Excluded Product will cease to be an Excluded Product at such time as Amazon informs Seller thereof.
- Gift cards, gift certificates and other stored value instruments.
- All video media (including, but not limited to, VHS, DVD and Blu-ray formats) unless:
- together with the casing in which it is packaged, it displays an age rating of U, PG, 12, 15 or 18 as determined by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) under the Video Recordings Act (VRA) 1984 for the specific video content included, unless that content is exempt from such a requirement under the VRA; and
- if DVD, it uses region codes ‘0’, ‘2’ or ‘All’, or, if Blu-ray, it uses region code ‘B’ or is region-free.
Amazon also has a range of regulations over size, expiry dates for edible products and additional regulations for shipping to the EU, all of which can be found here. If you are thinking of using FBA give us a call today or visit our site to find out how we can help you ship your products to FBA centres all over Europe.
Share this post and subscribe