Call: 0345 260 1086 Chat: Click Here
Track Your Pallet

Customer Help Centre

What can we help you with?

What information is required?


What information is required?

  • A registered EORI number
  • Commodity Codes
  • Export Licences for any goods that require one
  • Commercial Invoice

Economic Operators Registration and Identification number – (EORI)

EORI is an EU registration and identification number for all those businesses who import or export goods to and from the EU, and is used to identify you as the shipper.

Importantly the shipper and receiver of the goods will both need an EORI number to move goods between the UK and non- EU countries.

From 1 January 2021 you will need one to move goods between Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) or the Isle of Man, and the EU.

You may also need a separate EORI number if you move goods to or from Northern Ireland.

EORI numbers in the UK begin with the letters 'GB'. The number is then followed by a 12-digit number which is based on the trader's VAT number (For example, GB987654312000).

I’m Not a Registered Business, Do I Still Need One?

Yes. If you are considered to be trading with businesses or individuals in countries outside of the European Union, you must apply for an EORI number.

Where to apply for a EORI number?

You must apply for an EORI number in the country that your business is registered in or for private shippers, the country in which you are resident.

Please check with your local customs authorities for further information.

In the UK, EORI numbers are issued by HMRC. You can apply online by visiting -

It’s free to register and once issued your EORI number will be valid throughout the European Community permanently.

To help avoid customs delays we strongly recommend applying for an EORI number well in advance of shipping.

Export License / Addition Controls

There are some goods that may require licences or have special rules to export restricted goods or to sell certain services abroad.

Products requiring export licences, foodstuffs or animal by-products needing control for example.

Check if your goods require an export licence on the UK government website -

  Back to Top    Back